About the Client
Our client is one of the most well established local conglomerates in Hong Kong with offices and operations across Greater China region. As a result of a rapid business expansion plan, a need to recruit an ambitious professional who will develop his career proactively within the department has arisen.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director and managing a small team, you will oversee various AML processes, which might include suspicious activity investigations, currency transaction reporting, global sanctions screening, enhanced due diligence or other AML processes. Your core responsibilities would include operating as the go to person for escalations within the monitoring team and operating as the lead investigator on complex AML cases, as well as partnering closely with junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential and facing off to key stakeholders across financial crime, compliance and suspicious transaction. As a team leader, you will work closely with senior management and police force to perform other critical functions that build and maintain awareness of the broader context and implications of the various types of risk affecting the business (e.g., financial, legal, reputation, etc.)
- A bachelor degree, preferably with additional legal related qualifications and a minimum of 12 years experience in related field such as money laundering fraud and investigation
- Strategic thinker with proven track record of transforming operations through innovation and process optimization
- Experience working directly with automated transaction monitoring systems
- Technical understanding of anti-money laundering, sanctions and the associated regulatory frameworks
- Proven experience in a leadership role within an investigations or transaction monitoring team
- Strong understanding of financial crime policies & procedures
- Excellent knowledge of local laws and current developments and trends in the Financial Crime Risk related laws, regulations, and practices
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
- Good command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.