About the client
Our client is one of the most well established entertainment organisation in Hong Kong with offices and operations across Hong Kong and Greater China. With a portfolio of acclaimed subsidiaries in different sectors and a vision to transform and advance their business, they are now seeking for an Associate Director, Data Operations & Analytics to support their fast expansion.
About the Role
Reporting to the VP and managing a team of 3, you are responsible for shaping the company's future towards a data-driven organisation by exploiting the value of enterprise information assets and the analytics used to render insights for decision-making. As a team lead, you will provide the ability to work with C-levels and create valuable, transformative business strategies through the measurement, manipulation, analysis and BI reporting of structured and unstructured data, across multiple source systems. In addition, you will define the need for and develop initial budget and project definitions for strategic technology initiatives and establish the strategic direction of digital transformation. Last but not least, you are responsible for translating abstract visions into reality while managing stakeholder expectation as well leading a team of data engineers in solving business problems with access to engineering AI.
The Successful Application
- Advanced degree/PhD/ MSc in a strong quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Actuarial Science
- Knowledge and experience of machine learning methodologies
- Minimum of 12 years of understanding of the digital and/or digital environment and the associated measures of success
- Demonstrates an ability for solving challenging scientific problems
- Experience analysing large data sets and uncovering key insights that drive actionable decisions
- Demonstrates flexibility whilst working in teams to attain common objectives
- Inherently curious and driven to push the boundaries of knowledge
- Developing bespoke statistical models for data analysis
- Expert programming in R or Python
- Ability to generate robust hypotheses and construct questions in response to uncertain requests from the wider business
- Be able to articulate complex problems and solutions to a non-technical audience
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Good command in English and Chinese
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.