About the Client
Our client is a Prestigious Member's only clubhouse, they are now looking for a Beverage Manager who is passionate about hospitality to join their pre-opening team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Director and leading the sommelier team, you will be responsible for creating and the maintenance of the award winning wine cellar, ensuring it is properly stocked and ready for service, checking for wine quality, temperature and status of the wine to avoid wastage. Making sure an effective seamless and professional wine and beverage service is provided in all venues at all times, responsible for assisting guests with their choices, being able to make appropriate recommendations where necessary. Maintain all standards as would be required in a Michelin Star restaurant, carry out any wine training as required by front of house team members. Liaison with and management of relationships with suppliers. You will also work closely with the team on daily administrations, focusing on flawless execution, increasing profit and enhancing the guest experience.
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience as a Head Sommelier;
- Strong leadership and customer-oriented, good people management and problem-solving skills;
- Previous experience as a Sommelier/Head Sommelier in a Michelin star restaurant or similar is a bonus;
- Have very good knowledge of market wine cost and pricing;
- Be able to negotiate with suppliers and leverage our purchasing power towards the benefit of the company;
- Confident, professional and welcoming;
- Excellent command of spoken English, other languages are beneficial;
- Have full shots of COVID Vaccine.