About the Client
Our client is well established firm with leading presence in Hong Kong and globally and they are looking to hire a Chief Data Architect to join the team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will provide architectural leadership for technology solutions, data architectures, data warehouse, cloud and infrastructure initiatives. As part of the leadership team, you will lead the design and develop high volume data ingestion components and ETL solutions to collect data from various internal and external sources. In addition, you will recommend data governance processes, security standards, and models that will provide architectural guidelines to support the development initiatives. As a team lead, you will participate in strategic and tactical planning and design sessions and conduct "whiteboard" sessions with product management, BI, data engineering, architects, operations and development team. Last but not least, you will administer the overall data warehouse strategy, architectures and security, definition of data models, all data marts, evaluation of infrastructure components, software, performance and data applications design.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with 12+ years of experience required
- Proven ability to anticipate business needs and future, emerging trends and to articulate a vision and strategy that motivate others to action
- Proven ability to interpret and apply pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements
- Very strong technical skills in the areas of data architecture, data solutions design and extensive experience with leading enterprise data warehouse technologies
- Experienced with AWS cloud adoption will be a big plus
- Manipulating high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends with machine learning techniques
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members; demonstrated experience in leading a multifunctional team
- Good command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.