About our Client
With annual business turnover of over HK$500 billion and over 40000 staff across Greater China region, our client is a renowned Hong Kong publicly listed conglomerate. With a portfolio of acclaimed subsidiaries in different sectors and a vision to transform their business through innovation, they are now seeking a Communications and Public Affairs Manager to support their fast expansion.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager and managing a team of 3, you will establish and develop new avenues of communication within the general public and community groups; develops methods, techniques, and materials to maintain ongoing communication and cooperation with community organizations and associations. As an individual, you will participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for communications and public affairs programs; recommends within policy, appropriate service levels. Working with various business internal stakeholders, you will develop and standardize procedures and methods to improve and continuously monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned programs, and work with the digital team to ensure social media tactics are integrated into all public affairs activity.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related disciplines
- At least 10 years of experience in public relations, corporate communications or journalism, with six years or above in managerial capacity
- Experience in building strong cross-functional relationships and working with strategic partners is essential
- Extensive experience in public affairs and public policy at local level and good understanding of the workings of Parliament/Government.
- Able to work collaboratively with senior colleagues and internal/external stakeholders is essential
- Ability to see what messages need to be sent to whom and how, to formulate & negotiate changes & new initiatives within organizational structures
- Political sensitive and a demonstrable ability to recognize influence and manage the communications and public relations consequences of sensitive issues
- Able to prioritize work and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.