About The Client
Our client is a fast-growing global asset manager, currently hiring a research / credit analyst covering global FIG. In this role, you will perform in-depth fundamental research on global financial sector issuers to develop and provide investment ideas in the form of new issue recommendations and tactical idea reports. This would involve understanding company business models, capital structures and industry dynamics, creating and maintaining financial models and relative value analysis.
About The Role
Reporting into the Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, you will:
- Develop and maintain overview of global financial sector issuers across capital structure, constantly staying on top of sector developments, and regulatory developments affecting the sector.
- Provide updates on company results, including impact analysis on issuer's capital structure, and expected price impact on different parts of capital structure.
- Conduct primary research on invested positions, while maintaining secondary research on rest of issuers within sector.
- Provide recommendations of top picks and pans within global financial sector, with focus on Asia issuers, and DM and EM ex Asia issuers when relative value is attractive.
- Maximise investment returns in a risk-balanced manner.
- Collaborate with trader to get a good grasp of market demand-supply liquidity to ensure trade recommendations are executable at recommended price targets.
The ideal candidate will be a degree holder in finance or related discipline (CFA preferred) with at least 5 years of credit and/or equity analysis experience in the asset management industry, previous experience in credit rating agency considered a plus. You will have a good understanding of global financial sector, including regulatory frameworks across different jurisdictions. Preference for candidates with prior experience in European financial sub-debt and Indian NBFI. You will also be familiar with fixed income markets including the understanding of market technical. The ability to build quantitative models in excel or other software alongside strong financial knowledge and analytical skills ability to multi-task with a strong attention to details will help excel in this role. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills required, and proficiency in the use of MS OFFICE, Bloomberg are essential.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Christina Lau at +852 3180 4934 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.