About the company
A renowned global retailer and FMCG company is going through an aggressive transformation phase hence they are now currently looking for a CTO to cope with their business expansion.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO and managing a sizeable team, you will develop a holistic and forward looking view of the relevant technology space for the company and understand the level playing field in order to have robust external references to assess market attractiveness and competitive position of new business ideas or value propositions. As a team leader, you will connect with relevant formal and informal innovation networks and players to stay in touch with the latest trends and position the firm as a source of thought leadership and a credible partner for digital innovation in the natural and built asset space. In addition, develop and evolve clear innovation road maps to stimulate and focus generation of new ideas in the most promising intersections between our partner's needs and digital technologies & business models. Lastly, develop investment governance and manage innovation pipeline stage gates from idea origination to incubation, acceleration and finally scale.
- Bachelor degree and at least 15+ years of professional experience with a specific track record in successfully managing innovation pipeline and/or corporate venturing, ideally at the intersection of natural & built assets and technology/digital
- Passionate about the digital transformation of the natural & built asset space
- Proven leadership capabilities in fast pace environment
- Broad and strategic perspective on the global technology landscape and the way it can be leveraged in the natural & built asset space, able to create digital technology road map and articulate powerful innovation themes
- Experience in corporate venturing and/or (digital) incubators both from a governance / stage gate management and coaching / capability building perspectives, excellent at developing sound business cases
- Ability to inspire colleagues, clients and potential partners with new ideas and discipline combined with pragmatism to implement them rapidly
- Existing relationships with innovation networks and world leading technology, intrinsic understanding of the level playing field
- Strong facilitation and leadership skills: bringing multiple stakeholders from broad backgrounds and positions together towards defined outcomes
- Ability to work in a global matrix organization and to deal with different cultures worldwide
- Good command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.