About the Client
Our client is a non-FI partner with leading presence in Hong Kong and growing presence in Greater China. To cope with the rapid growth, they are looking to hire a Senior Data Lake Architect to join the dynamic team
About the Role
Reporting to the department head and leading a small team, you will be responsible for leading the activities of data warehouse project teams in the design, development and implementation of data warehouses; and the configuration and auditing of data warehouses to ensure quality control of data. As a team lead, you will oversee the development, operations and maintenance of data warehouse environment, including organizational balance and system coherency between different business units and provide guidance regarding the use of data warehouse systems, capability of systems to deliver information, and subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technology. In addition, you will research and experiment with emerging technologies and tools related to big data while working with the cross functional teams to establish and reinforce disciplined software development processes and best-practices. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in rolling out and scaling business intelligence tools and automating integrations in the IT landscape for multiple functions and design additions and modifications to data warehouse, including modeling new data sources, creating requirements for ETL processes, and creating dimensional models for new data marts. Lastly, you will use data-driven techniques to foster innovation within the organization, and serve as the organization's thought leader on analytics approaches necessary for driving business impact.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university or college in Business, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT) or Computer Science
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing data modeling with a minimum of 3 of those years specializing in big data architecture or data analytics (should include technologies such as Hadoop, Microsoft Azure, AWS SageMaker & Redshift, BigQuery etc.)
- Strong, in-depth experience in data modeling and experience with business intelligence systems (deep learning framework, data mining, predictive analytics)
- Broad based architecture acumen: Database architecture, ETL, Cloud, etc
- Highly proficient with large data sets and clusters
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem solving methods
- Good command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.