About the Client
Our client is a conglomerate. To cope with their business needs, they are inviting a Data Scientist join their IT team in Hong Kong.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for data analysis, modelling and forecasting through using statistical and computational techniques on customer data to resolve business issues and stimulate business growth.You will need to develop and maintain business forecasting models by using big data technology. You will need to use big data analytic techniques to build predictive models from voluminous data collected from customer touch points. You will need to perform statistical analyses and provide insightful comments for business questions from senior management. You will need to lead fellow analysts to complete modelling and analytic projects. You will need to drive automation of analytical projects within the team.
The Successful Applicant
- A postgraduate degree or above in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years' working experiences in a modeling/analysis/statistics role (Statistical, Artificial Intelligence & Operational Research techniques or other disciplines)
- Not less than 2 years of solid experience in big data projects
- Strong computational background with experience in R, SQL, Python and other data and code manipulation methodologies
- Formal training in big data analysis and knowledge in HADOOP platform
- Familiar with and have hands-on experience on Big Data modelling techniques including logistic regression, decision tree and machine learning.
- Have positive attitude, good business acumen and can work under tight timeline.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Andrey Sin at +852 3180 4951 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.