Our client is one of the most well established local conglomerate in Hong Kong with offices and operations across Hong Kong and Greater China. With a portfolio of acclaimed subsidiaries in different sectors and a vision to transform and advance their business, they are now seeking for a Data Scientist to support their fast expansion.
About the role
Reporting to the department head and managing a team, you will collect requirements, design and using advanced programming, statistical models and machine learning to identity trends within and insights from data. As a team lead, you will work closely with Data Scientists to integrate cutting edge algorithms with workflows and design and develop automation for performance measurement metrics and applying business acumen to develop feasible data-based recommendations that will address organisational problems. Moreover, you will further improve the Python coding standards in the development team and collaborate with the full team to make strategic recommendations and improvements to the technology and business. Your primary focus will be building advanced data mining techniques, spearheading statistical analysis aligned to key business goals, and architecting high quality prediction systems to integrate with the digital and technology team, using advance machine learning techniques. You will lead and inspire a team focused on the use of data and predictive algorithms to improve the customer experience and optimize revenue potential through the development of world-class AI solutions
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, Engineering, Actuarial Science or a related technical field or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience implementing and managing engineering and AI related projects including managing teams and technical resources, managing priorities and defining measurable milestones.
- A leader in Data Science, have been a data scientist and have built global data science teams
- Knowledge with Hive, Hadoop, SQL, VBA and Python
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate and influence well at the executive level and at the board level
- Proven track record of working closely with marketing, product and engineering teams and in enabling growth and creating business value
- Experience in working with large data sets and strong understanding in using AI
- Thorough understanding and experience in Big Data technologies/platforms, statistical platforms and data visualisation tools
- Experience in machine learning, predictive modelling and statistical analysis techniques
- Strong command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.