About the company
Our client is a world leading gemology institution with nearly 90 years of history. They are a nonprofit organization that offers Education and Research, as well as serves as a publicly trusted symbol of product quality & excellence for the general consumers of Jewelry and Gemstone worldwide.
To cope with business needs they are currently looking for a Global Business Development Director to further expand the brand presence within the Asia Pacific region.
About the Role
As the Global Director of Business Development, you will serve as the Key Leader for the APAC region. You will be conducting effective business development and market penetration strategies, and identifying new business opportunities to promote and facilitate the company's products and services.
Reporting to the SVP of Global Development, you will be responsible for maintaining and fostering quality business relationships with key clients and end-users. And to take the lead in the trade marketing function to actively communicate with key industry stakeholders such as business, government, community, and media to promote the company brand visibility and develop strategic collaborations.
This is a highly challenging and diverse role that requires excellent APAC business acumen along with a hands-on and flexible sales and marketing experience.
- Degree holder with a proven track record of success
- Minimal of 8 years of working experience within the diamond/jewelry or related industries (open to a combination of education and other publicly recognized institutional authorities)
- Experience in sales & marketing as well as general brand management is highly preferred
- Sales mindset and ability to represent the company as an Ambassador
- Articulate with the ability to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Resourceful, self-motivated and independent with proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written English, Mandarin, and Cantonese (any other spoken language will be an advantage)
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Hiroshi Toyota at +852 3180 4963 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.