About our Client
Our client is one of the most well established retail conglomerates in Hong Kong with offices and operations across Hong Kong and Greater China. With a portfolio of acclaimed subsidiaries in different categories and a vision to digitally transform and advance their business, they are now seeking for a GM of Technology & Innovation to support their fast expansion.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO and managing a team of 10, you will define the overall technology strategy in HK & Greater China by establishing and implementing short and long-term roadmaps to accomplish the goals and objectives to deliver in-scope IT services. As the head of department, you will develop and instill a strong foundation for application lifecycle management including governance, application, infrastructure development, and maintenance of the retail application software and O2O digital transformation recommendations. Lastly, you will provide expert level leadership in daily operations oversight to include overseeing the administration of procurement and contracting services within the area's budget and ensures effective and efficient delivery of services as well as vendor or service partner management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- 15+ or more years of experience in a leadership role within retail infrastructure and application development and new technology innovation
- Prior experience with large scale critical cloud based solution in retail and China experience will be a plus
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills required for a complex and sophisticated application development and innovative workforce.
- In-depth understanding of micro services, open source and agile development practice
- Leadership experience in defining the IT Technology vision, strategy and roadmap
- Leading transformational programs and coaching team to deliver results
- Capability to represent the IT organization with internal and external entities
- Experience supporting enterprise level applications
- Practical experience in analysis, development, and evaluation of standards, policies, and procedures
- Good command in English and Chinese
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.