About our Client
Our client is a leading metal component manufacturing group with more than 50 years of history. Due to business expansion in the region, they are looking for a forging expert to join as a Head of Engineering to manage its manufacturing plant in China.
The Company is in a period of transformation and looking to expand its manufacturing capability from cold forging to warm/hot forging as to prepare for the ambitious growth and development targets set. The role will lead a semi-finished component plant consisted of 300 workers and requires close collaboration with commercial teams to achieve commercial goals yet be focused on technical deliverable and performance for the manufacturing functions of the Company.
About the Role
- Efficiently and effectively create new and improved forging design.
- Uplift the efficiency and productivity of the Company through the introduction and/ or enhancement of manufacturing processes and methodology including new forging technique and skills.
- Provide leadership to the engineering team to ensure the successful introduction of new forging designs as a subject matter expert in forging design and techniques as well as forging simulation.
- Ensuring new and modified designs meet current design standards/
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the manufacturing policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- Develop and manage master production schedule and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality and timelines
- PhD in engineering from an accredited university
- Solid experience in leading a manufacturing function with a proven track record in strategic manufacturing leadership delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Knowledge and technical understanding of hot/warm/cold forging processes and manufacturing techniques.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Expose to best practices from renowned MNCs or local companies is an added advantage
- Fluent in Mandarin and English; knowledge of Cantonese dialect is preferred
- Overseas candidates will be considered
- Stationing in Zhongshan City, Guangdong is required
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Jason Li at +852 3180 4962 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.