About The Client
Our client is a well-established retail bank, currently looking for a Head of Internal Audit based in Macau to head up the function.
About The Role
As the Head of Internal Audit, you will lead the Macau team of 8 pax, setting the objectives for the Internal Audit function and identify, measure and manage risks as effectively as possible.
- Conduct the highest quality review of internal controls and supporting the risk management process.
- Maintain a risk-based programme / audit universe.
- Maintain relationships with internal business stakeholders to understand changes and developments within the business.
- Conduct internal audit reviews across business divisions.
- Carry out risk workshops to support the risk framework.
- Preparation of Board, Audit and Risk Committee papers.
- Liaise with Compliance and Financial Crime teams.
- Own the Groups' audit system including oversight of first line review performance and tracking actions to closure; and contribute to the development of the department's audit plans, programmes and techniques.
- To ensure that the number of audits conducted is in line with, or higher than the business targets, that they are accurate and timely and that the audit timetable is produced and maintained
- Drives and manages the performance of the audit team, in line with the business strategy and specified objectives.
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding audit issues, and where required, ensure that the relevant guidance and advice is given.
To qualify, you will be a chartered internal auditor with 12+ years relevant internal audit experience acquired from big 4 and retail banking segment. You would have experience leading a team and with proven track record of analysing complex information, regulations and policies and translating them into impactful advice and value adding solutions. You will also be familiar with range of internal audit techniques, including current best practice, and internal control frameworks and practices. You will also be comfortable communicating with people at all levels, especially on managing multiple stakeholders' expectations. Immediate available candidates highly regarded, and a competitive package offered to attract to best talent.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Christina Lau at +852 3180 4934 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.