Head of Retail
- Premium Lifestyle Department Store
- Full PNL Responsibility
About the Company
Our client is a well-established Department Store carrying a wide selection of premium merchandises ranging from Fashion & Accessories, International Gourmet Food, to Household and Homeware Products. To cope with market expansion, they are currently looking for a seasoned retail director, with strong leadership and personable character to join them as the Head of Retail.
About the Role
As the leader of the Sales & Operations department, you will be representing the company and working closely with key distributors and manage the in-house Retail Sales & Operations team with a total headcount of 400 staffs.
Reporting to the CEO, you will take full P&L responsibility and ownership of the Hong Kong sales performance and operation efficiency. You will drive the overall brand performance by planning and executing sales strategies, preparing and analysing sales reports, KPI analysis, business forecasts, and competitive analysis to ensure all sales metrics are achieved. You will ensure operations efficiency and tackle frontline staffing issues, as well as working closely with Store General Managers to develop and manage KPI achievements.
As a Business Partner, you will also consult and review the performance of distributors and provide recommendations to further strengthen the sales and working relationship.
This is a highly challenging and diverse role that requires excellent HK retail consumer market insights along with a hands-on and solid people management attitude.
- Degree holder with a proven track record of success with any sizeable retailers (preferably from Retail Chain stores)
- Minimal of 15 years of retail working experience with at least 5 years at a Department Head level
- Strong sales mindset and ability to oversee a large-scale retail operation
- Strong commercial sense and understanding of HK consumer market
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with frontline and top management as well as with external stakeholders such as tenants / business partners
- Resourceful, self-motivated and independent with proven problem-solving and timely delivery skills
- Excellent verbal and written English, Mandarin, and Cantonese (any other spoken language will be an advantage)
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Hiroshi Toyota at +852 3180 4963 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.