About the Client
Our client is a reputable hospitality group based in Hong Kong. The group now operates multiple high performance restaurants with exciting projects under development. The company establishes dining facilities that offer high quality dining experiences. An experienced professional is sought to fill the position of a Head Sommelier.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Group General Manager, he/she will be in charge of Creating and updating the wine list in coordination with chefs and the Food & Beverage Manager. Responsibilities include recommending wine varieties to our guests, supervising wine serving and collaborating with winemakers to renew our selections and achieve best prices. Advising guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices and provide exemplary service to customers.
- At least 5-8 years supervisory experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward/Stewardess or similar role
- Certification as a Sommelier or degree in hospitality
- Ability to create tasteful food and wine pairings
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and which regions produce each type
- Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries
- Understanding of the winemaking process
- Good communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Availability to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to meet with wine producers and visit wine-tasting events
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Belle Leung at +852 3180 4954 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.