About the Client
Our client is listed conglomerate with a strong presence in HK, China and Asia Pacific. While already possessing a strong market position, they are looking to recruit a high caliber Lead Data Engineers or Senior Database Manager to support their business expansion.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining the infrastructure and architecture necessary for data collection, storage and processing. Your main activities will include building and maintaining data pipelines from internal databases. You will also maintain the company's data warehouse & ETL to ensure data quality & integrity and collaborate with infrastructure and IT teams to manage and maintain data infrastructure, including servers, storage, and networking resources. As a team lead, you will facilitate seamless collaboration with Data Analysts and Analytics Engineers, enhancing operational efficiency for the team. Promote data accessibility and usability, ensuring the fulfilment of their data requirements to optimize query performance and data retrieval to ensure efficient data access and analysis.
The Successful Applicants
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with 10+ years of experience required
- Proven ability to anticipate customer needs and future, emerging trends and to articulate a vision and strategy that motivate others to action
- Desire and ability to understand diverse business domains and develop data architectures that meet the current and anticipated business needs across a broad set of stakeholders
- Proven ability to interpret and apply pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements
- Very strong technical skills in the areas of data architecture, data solutions design and extensive experience with leading enterprise data warehouse technologies
- Proven track record in establishing strong customer relationships and delivering customer-focused solutions within a large IT enterprise
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members; demonstrated experience in leading a multifunctional team.
- Good command in Chinese and English
- Open to candidates from commercial or financial services background
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.