About The Client
Our client is a luxury retail/FMCG multibrand with global presence. They are looking for a motivated lawyer with experience of advising on regulatory compliance matters and managing the response on regulatory investigations within the consumer-facing industry. This role will play an important role in the APAC legal team and will be expected to handle complex and high profiles issues. The suitable candidate should be comfortable with working in a fast-paced and, on occasions, dealing with urgent and/or competing deadlines.
About The Role
- Create, implement, administer and enforce legal and regulatory compliance policies, procedures and law required to operate in accordance with the law and regulations
- Establish and update a compliance manual
- Advising on data protection and privacy matters
- Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations, monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
- Educate employees on not only the legal requirements but also the impact on the company if these aren't complied with
- Advise business functions on current risk and compliance performance, highlighting and escalating areas of concern and contribute to robust and effect compliance controls
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture or compliance
- Bachlelor/Master degree in law or relevant disciplines
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience in compliance, internal audit, business legal functions from sizeable MNC corporations (background in consumer-facing experience will be an advantage)
- Ability to manage a large number and variety of high profile and strategic projects and navigate ambiguous legal and regulatory environments.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and business intelligence skills
- Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and proficient in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organisation
- Strong attention to detail, organisation skills, delivering on deadlines and to budget
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Willing to travel
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team who can effectively work with, manage and coordinate colleagues, internal stakeholders and the business.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Christina Lau at +852 3180 4934 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.