About The Role
Our client is a pioneer within the financial services sector. They promote financial innovation for their customers and is currently looking for a Legal Counsel, targeting legal practitioners with PQE 4+ gained from banking sector and/or law firms to join as part of the team. The role works within a lean team and would also support with Regulatory Compliance and Company Secretary duties as well.
About The Client
Reporting into the Head of Legal & Compliance, you will:
- be the sole legal advisor to respective business units and senior management team
- draft ad review legal documents of the bank including loan documentation, security documentation and other banking-related documentation
- ensure the bank's legal policies and procedures are updated
- support with the bank's regulatory compliance related issues
- support with company secretarial matters
- liaise with external counsels on complex legal matters
The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer with PQE 4+ gained from banking sector and/or finance team of a law firm. You will demonstrate solid knowledge in banking legal legislations and practices, previous experience handling regulatory compliance matters will be ideal. Working within a lean team, you will also demonstrate the ability to work independently with good interpersonal and analytical skills. This role would work closely with internal and external stakeholders across all levels so strong communications skills in both spoken and written English and Chinese will be required (fluency in Mandarin is an advantage).
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Christina Lau at +852 3180 4934 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.