About The Client
Our client is a quasi-governmental body in Hong Kong. They are now hiring a Legal Counsel (Head of Department) to oversee all legal and compliance matters.
About The Role
Reporting into the General Manager, you will:
- provide legal and compliance support to the business, this would include governance, risk management, regulatory compliance, data privacy, equal opportunities law, anti-corruption, contract drafting and review, procurement, standardisation of documents, disputes, staff employment and training
- Formulate, review and recommend company policies and procedures, provide legal and compliance solutions
- Liaise with external counsels as required and perform any other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- a solicitor with PQE 10+ gained from sizeable law firms or in-house positions, experience working for professional services or quasi governmental bodies highly regarded
- excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin preferred)
- good presentation skills and experience reporting to and working with senior business stakeholders
- strong analytical skills developing and soliciting sound legal opinion, strategies and solutions
- strong communication skills providing quality legal services to internal stakeholders
- ability to work independently within tight timelines
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Christina Lau at +852 3180 4934 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.