About our Client
Our client is a global apparel retailer with a long success and heritage. The brand owns 700 retail stores worldwide and is rapidly growing its e-commerce business. It has been the leader of multiple major trends within the apparel industry, and has introduced and popularized some of most iconic and enduring items. They are now targeting the next phase of business transformation and seeking a proven Merchandising Director to lead the way.
About the Role
Reporting to Managing Director based in Hong Kong and leading a team of 15, you will be responsible for launching new initiatives for the brand global sourcing & supply chain operations. As a strategic leader, you will create and execute the 'full-circle' calendar and manage milestone dates to ensure deadlines for development, sampling and bulk process are achieved within required timeframes. You will also ensure sourcing strategy is in-line with overall brand strategy. On business operation level, you will partner with cross functional team leaders to develop new products that achieve the appropriate cost structure, meeting IMU, department growth targets and design intent. In addition, you will manage fiscal finance budget for product development and production.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant functional experience with demonstrated success in developing and implementing global sourcing programs.
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters / MBA preferred
- Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising/design
- Extensive knowledge of garment manufacturing, including construction, fabrication, trim and print techniques
- Complete fluency in English is essential
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Jason Li at +852 3180 4962 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.