About our Client
Headquartered in Hong Kong, our client is a leader in the retail industry with numerous subsidiaries and brands which have become acclaimed names. With an aggressive expansion plan in place, they are now seeking an experienced Public Affairs Manager to help build their Hong Kong and China business which is at an early stage of development.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager and managing a team of 3, you will establish and develop new avenues of communication within the general public and community groups; develops methods, techniques, and materials to maintain ongoing communication and cooperation with community organisations and associations. You will participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, priorities for communications and public affairs programs; recommends within policy, appropriate service levels. Working with various business internal stakeholders, you will develop and standardise procedures and methods to improve and continuously monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned programs, while working with the digital team to ensure social media tactics are integrated into all public affairs activity.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related disciplines
- At least 9 years' of experience in public relations, corporate communications or journalism, with 3 years or above in managerial capacity
- Experience in building strong cross-functional relationships and working with strategic partners is essential
- Extensive experience in public affairs and public policy at local level and good understanding of the workings of Parliament/Government
- Works collaboratively with senior colleagues and internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to see what messages need to be sent to whom and how, to formulate & negotiate changes & new initiatives within organisational structures
- Political sensitivity and a demonstrable ability to recognise influence and manage the communications and public relations consequences of sensitive issues
- Able to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.