Senior Accountant (General Ledger)
About the Client:
Our client is a leading retail MNC. They are now looking for an accountant responsible for Accounts Payable in the Hong Kong office.
About the Role:
- Perform daily GL accounting tasks for transactional processing and accounting activities such as the preparation of the appropriate offsetting entries, appropriate documentation & reconciliation (e.g. adjustment journals, depreciation journals, reclass the entries, etc.) for APAC region.
- Specialize in certain financial activities in Asia such as lease accounting, fixed asset accounting, etc.
- Able to apply relevant local statutory reporting and accounting standards required in the preparation process of accounting books.
- Demonstrate understanding in the definition, hierarchy, maintenance and updates of the company chart of accounts.
- Practise company internal controls (manual and automated) at transactional level and escalate inappropriate behaviour.
- Assist manager to drive for process efficiency & trade working capital improvement.
- Use system outputs to meet basic job requirements and apply basic tests for reasonability and accuracy.
- Able to articulate system issues clearly to subject matter experts to ensure solutions can be identified and implemented.
The Successful Applicant:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3 years of relevant accounting experience, with exposure in Shared Service Center is a plus.
- With solid experience in month-end closing.
- Willing to learn, good team player with strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Vanessa Chan at +852 3180 4922 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.