About our Client
Our client is the market leader in mass retail chain with an annual turnover of US$10 billion and more than 1000 stores worldwide. The group owns a global sourcing hub in Hong Kong and due to rapid business expansion in the region, they are looking for a high calibre Category Sourcing Manager to improve the sourcing capability and service level of apparel products division.
About the Role
- Reports to Director of Sourcing, lead a merchandising team of 5 associates to ensure effective sourcing and merchandising operation
- Supervising and working with USA/ Canada/ Europe/ Australia divisions of daily operations in product development and production
- Responsible for develop and implement the strategic sourcing plan in order to fulfill the business needs
- Conduct vendor analysis, identify, evaluate potential vendors and manage the overall vendor qualification process
- Build and maintain business relationships with merchandising and buying team to promote products and identify gaps and issues throughout the process
- Maintain good relationship with buying teams, sourcing teams and suppliers
- Train and develop the team to ensure their performance are consistently at the highest level
- Implement company policy within the team
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience with 8+ years of experience in overseas apparel product development/sourcing for a major retailer or manufacturer.
- Thorough understanding of fashion apparel retail merchandising.
- Strong knowledge of US Customs and International logistics.
- Established relationship building skills with Buyers and factories.
- Envisions the future and anticipates trends and their impact on the Company.
- Must be able to travel domestically as well as internationally.
- Fluent in English & Mandarin
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Jason Li at +852 3180 4962 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.