About the Client
Our client is a leading global buying office. To cope with business expansion in the region, the management is looking for high caliber candidate with solid merchandising experience to expand its home textile division.
About the Role
- Report to Director and lead a merchandising team to ensure effective sourcing and merchandising operation;
- Supervising and working with global buying divisions of daily operations in product development and production;
- Responsible for developing and implementing the strategic sourcing plan in order to fulfill the business needs;
- Conduct vendor analysis, identify, evaluate potential vendors and manage the overall vendor qualification process;
- Build and maintain business relationships with merchandising and buying team to promote products and identify gaps and issues throughout the process;
- Maintain good relationship with buying teams, sourcing teams and suppliers;
- Train and develop the team to ensure their performance are consistently at the highest level;
- Implement company policy within the team.
- Bachelor Degree with at least 8+ years of experience in product development/sourcing for a major retailer or manufacturer;
- MUST have previous skills leading and developing others;
- Knowledge of soft/hard home / apparel / fabric sourcing including Artificial Floral, Seasonal items, Home decoration, Candle, Bath accessories, Storage, Bathroom Furniture;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work well in a team environment;
- Proven multi-tasking and problem solving skills is a MUST!
- Establish relationship building skills with Buyers, agents and factories;
- Fluent in English, Cantonese or Mandarin.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Jason Li at +852 3180 4962 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.