Programme & Advocacy Manager (NGO, contract)
- Energetic NGO focusing sports development
- 6+ years of programme & advocacy exp in NGO
- 2-3 year contract, up to $40k
- Office location: Quarry Bay
- Immediate availability is preferred
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead 3-6 programme staff and a team of dedicated part-time staff and interns to carry out a few sports programmes to work closely with our funder, project partners, schools, community centres, coaching partners (multiple sports types), social workers, teachers, parents, and beneficiaries;
- These sports programmes involve key funders such as government departments and other public bodies;
- Work closely with two other Senior Programme Managers and the Chief Executive to map out the service portfolio and to monitor progress and expenditure of programmes, to ensure requirements from the funder are being met and within our scope and budget;
- Design and develop public education/advocacy programmes to advocate our vision to relevant government officials and stakeholders in the community, driving long-term sustainable measurable change in the healthy lifestyle of young people in Hong Kong;
- Responsible to manage the Lead Advocacy Partnership to manage existing programmes;
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure the external facing of the programmes are well managed and properly communicated;
- Prepare high quality and timely Programme progress reports and MEL reports, including documentation of successes, data analysis for indicator aggregation and reporting, summary of qualitative results, etc.
- Proactively establish and maintain partnerships with government authorities, corporates, local secondary schools, youth community centers, marketing agencies, sports associations, media and other relevant stakeholders to deliver the Programme elements and enrich students' learning experience;
- Organise and handle logistics of the Programme activities and events of different scales, including but not limited to territory-wide events that might involve senior officials from corporates and the government;
- Work closely with finance and hr team to ensure smooth running of responsible projects and events;
- Bachelor's Degree (Advanced degree preferred) in social science, public policy, demographics with at least 6-8 years' experience in NPO/social service organisations/ community services/sports management. Social work licence is not compulsory.
- Solid leadership experience in leading a team of junior staff;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese; Proficiency in excel;
- Demonstrate a strong passion in youth work/sports/volunteering/partnership management;
- A strong team player capable of working with different personalities from different functional backgrounds;
- Strong ability to complete multiple assignments concurrently whilst balancing competing priorities and meeting deadlines;
- Organised and detail-oriented with high integrity;
- Willing to occasionally travel to various districts in Hong Kong in weekday evenings and weekends, with transport subsidy and compensation leave;
- Knowledge of and passion for InspiringHK Sports Foundation and the charitable sector preferred.
Interested parties please send your application letter and full resume with current / expected salary and availability by clicking "Apply now" or whatsApp 6764 0288. Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment purpose.