About the Client
Our client is listed conglomerate with a strong presence in HK, China and Asia Pacific. While already possessing a strong market position, they are looking to recruit a high caliber Senior Data Engineering Manager to support their business expansion.
About the Role
Reporting to the VP and managing a small team, you will lead the development of enterprise data strategies, data management, assume overall responsibility for the data ecosystem and drive the overall strategic growth of data environments. You will be part of a data capability providing data services to the organisation, ensuring solutions are implemented using best data practice architectures and processes. You will be responsible for services including ETL, master data, integration, analytic solution, and advice, and ensure the data environment is reliable, secure, cost effective, and strategically sound. This role will be at the forefront of enabling organisational change, as the company evolves as an innovative, digitally focused organisation. Lastly, lead the research and implementation of new and emerging technologies to expand analytics capabilities and deliver innovative tools.
The Successful Applicants
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with at least 8 years of experience required
- Proven ability to anticipate customer needs and future, emerging trends and to articulate a vision and strategy that motivate others to action
- Desire and ability to understand diverse business domains and develop data architectures that meet the current and anticipated business needs across a broad set of stakeholders
- Proven ability to interpret and apply pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements
- Have significant knowledge and experience of delivering data models for analytical purposes
- Have experience of dimensional modelling and data management techniques
- Have excellent delivery skills with a proven track record of delivering large scale change on time and to budget
- Be confident in decision making, able to explain processes or choice as needed
- Proven track record in establishing strong customer relationships and delivering customer-focused solutions within a large IT enterprise
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members; demonstrated experience in leading a multifunctional team
- Good command in Chinese and English
- Open to Retail, FMCG, Fintech, Financial Services background
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.