About the Client
Our client is a Hong Kong listed company with a significant market position in the provision of innovation, design and retailing of lifestyle services. The company has a strong presence within Hong Kong and Greater China and recent positive developments have provided a springboard for further growth. With an ambitious global expansion plan with their E-business ecosystem, a Head of Data Scientist or Director has arisen.
About the Role
Reporting to the CIO and managing a sizeable team, you will lead a highly innovative team to strategically leverage the vast amounts of data from group level to better serve the customer. Your primary focus will be building advanced data mining techniques, spearheading statistical analysis aligned to key business goals, and driving high quality prediction systems to integrate with the digital and technology team, using advance machine learning techniques. As a team leader, you will lead and inspire a team focused on the use of data and predictive algorithms to improve the customer experience and optimize revenue potential through the development of world-class AI (artificial intelligence) solutions. Lastly, you will create predictive models with dynamic retail transaction and marketing data from various omni-channel sources, including internal platforms, media partners, agencies, store and online transaction data, and other third party sources.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, Computing Engineering, or a related technical field or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience implementing and managing Data Scientists and AI related projects including managing technical resources, priorities and defining measurable milestones.
- A leader in Data Science- have been a data scientist and have built group level data science teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate and influence well at the executive level and at the board level
- Proven track record of working closely with marketing, product and engineering teams and in enabling growth and creating business value
- Experience in working with large data sets and strong understanding in using Salesforce
- Thorough understanding and experience in Big Data technologies/platforms, statistical platforms and data visualization tools
- Experience in machine learning, predictive modelling and statistical analysis techniques
- Strong command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.