About The Client
Our client is a Hong Kong local conglomerate that has a growing portfolio of subsidiaries and over $80 billion turn over. With an enviable record of success, they are now further expanding their technology team and looking for a Head of Infrastructure Architect.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of data analysts and engineers, collaborating closely with various department stakeholders and driving new business initiatives as the company continues to grow. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in rolling out and scaling business intelligence tools and automating integrations in the IT landscape for multiple functions and design additions and modifications to data warehouse, including modelling new data sources, creating requirements for ETL processes, and creating dimensional models for new data marts.The successful candidate will lead a team of IT infrastructure managers and engineers and will collaborate with the IT project management, product, security, IT operations and regional infrastructure and support teams to deliver projects as part of the technology organization's objectives of sustainable cost efficiency, improvement, and optimization of the IT portfolio as part of the company's overall technology strategy.As a team lead, you will use data-driven techniques to foster innovation within the organisation, and serve as the organisation's thought leader on analytics approaches necessary for driving business impact.
The Successful Applicants
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science Engineering, or Mathematics focus preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in data warehousing
- Expertise writing complex SQL queries or proven command of R, Python, C#, Java, C++, Scala, Oracle DB, or similar languages
- Hands on experience performing data profiling
- Experienced with schema design and Dimensional data modelling using Kimball methodology
- Hands on skills building custom reports and dashboards
- Solid experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals
- Good command in Chinese and English
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Karen Cheng at +852 3180 4921 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.