About our Client
Our client is the market leader in mass retail chain with an annual turnover of US$1.3 billion and more than 400 stores in Europe. The group owns a global sourcing hub in Hong Kong and due to rapid business expansion in the region, they are looking for a high calibre Category Sourcing Manager to improve the sourcing capability and service level of seasonal products division.
About the Role
- Report to Category Manager, this is an individual contributor
- Plan, collaborate and control all of the activities of assigned sourcing category, work with manager and all partners to execute.
- Monitor workflow, production and coordinate vendor site visits for assigned category.
- Strategically source and follow production program guidelines to meet established goals for assigned category. Follow through from placement, production to shipment.
- Conduct market research and coordinate all merchant visits at trade fairs, vendor visits and exhibitions for market sector. Understand and articulate the business.
- Source new vendors as needed, research and visit new and existing manufacturers, factories required valuate each source with the intent of building a long-term business relationship, while guiding them to meet the brand fashion, quality and value requirements.
- Work closely with team, vendors and global partners on buying calendars, merchandise categories, and production schedules. Negotiate appropriately
- Ensure inspection programs and all company compliance guidelines are followed with regard to sourcing
- University graduate with minimum 8 years solid experience in sourcing and production or related field
- Proven relevant experience as specialist in assigned category or generalist in other categories in U.S., Canada, or UK retail market
- Fluent in conversation, written and comprehension of English and Mandarin Chinese
- Understanding of buying office, manufacturing principles, materials, production process, and International logistics and trade with hands-on approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven record of building relationships
- Independent with a passion in products and knowledgeable in latest market trends
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial
- Willing and able to frequently travel to explore new opportunities
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Jason Li at +852 3180 4962 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.