Our client is well-known Life Insurace Company, currently looking for Chief Risk Officer ("CRO") to lead and oversee the Risk Department in Hong Kong to ensure effectiveness of both Financial and Non-Financial Risk within acceptable parameters, as defined by group policies standards.
- Lead the Risk Department to maintain an effective risk management framework to identify, assess, manage, monitor and report all material risks
- Adequate support of the Risk Committee and the CEO in meeting their responsibilities with respect to the protection of policyholders and the management of the risk profile of the company
- Engagement with the regulator on a needs basis
- Responsible for the overall management and execution of the risk management strategy and activities
- Further development and implementation of effective Risk Reporting
- With other key function holders, promote an appropriate risk culture at all levels of the Company
- Risk reviews of material outsourcing, major initiatives and business development
- Execute the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) annual work plan
- Timely escalation of any risk matters to management, within the ERM function and to the Board as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Risk Management/ Actuarial Science/ Mathematics/ Quantitative Finance/ Finance and Accounting
- At least 15 years of experience in risk management/ actuarial work in insurance/ financial industries/ advisory firms
- Solid knowledge in Life Insurance products
- Actuarial experience in insurance firms highly preferred
- Technical skills in relation to the management and monitoring of both Financial and Non Financial Risk types
- Strong people leadership, strategic and pragmatic mindset
- Good command written and spoken in English and Chinese
Keywords: CRO/ Chief Risk Officer/ Insurance/ Life insurance/ Life insurer/ Hong Kong/ Actuarial/ Non financial risk/ Financial Risk/ Risk Management/ CEO/ Risk Committee/ ERM/ Hong Kong/ HK/ Risk
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Cardie Siu at +852 3180 4955 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.