About The Client
Our client is a global independent Asset Manager with global presence. They manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: equity, options, fixed income and private equity. As part of business expansion, they are hiring an additional Operations Manager to join as part of the team.
About The Role
Reporting into the General Manager - Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Investment team support: ensuring financial planning and control processes/systems are in place, overseeing the budgeting process, analysing budget variance and deviation, preparing business analysis and monthly reports
- Middle office management: develop operation workflow and control the reconciliation and settlement of transactions; liaise with 3rd party vendors, portfolio managers and traders to resolve trade breaks; review the profit & loss position on a daily and monthly basis; maintain good relationships with Private Banks and brokers; set up prime broker account and trading accounts according to compliance standards
- Margin Management: on-going assessment of margin risks and facilitate preparation of credit risk profile; make suggestions on trading account based on margin and collateral value; deliver margin reports regularly and alert margin calls as required
- Facility Management: liaise with banks to get facility line for investment purpose and control FX risk and interest cost
- Ad hoc assignments: continuous improvement of the Investment Management System, procedures and processes to ensure efficient and effective operations are in place
The ideal candidate will be a Degree holder with minimum 6+ years experience in middle office operations management, and ideally with experience working in prime broker as an operation staff. You will be an agile learner and problem solver with can-do attitude, someone with strong capabilities in planning and process design and a high maturity working within a matrix organisation. Proficiency in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English essential for this role. Immediate available candidates highly regarded.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this position or call Christina Lau at +852 3180 4934 for a confidential discussion. All information collected will be kept in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.